- 2 heads escarole, quartered lengthwise and rinsed
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into julienne strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add escarole to pan; cook 3 minutes or until wilted, turning frequently. Trim white stem ends from each escarole quarter; roughly chop.
Wipe pan with a paper towel. Return pan to medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pancetta, zucchini, and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add corn; cook for 1 minute. Combine escarole, corn mixture, parsley, and beans in a large bowl. Add vinegar and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
From Cooking Light
Submitted by Shelli