- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 4 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 2 bacon slices (uncooked)
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette, toasted
Place nuts in a small skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
Break 1 egg into each of 4 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at high for 40 seconds or until set; let stand 1 minute. Remove eggs from cups; drain on paper towels.
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; cool slightly. Remove bacon from the pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. Crumble bacon. Combine walnuts, bacon, greens, blue cheese, and pear in a large bowl.
Combine 1 teaspoon reserved drippings, vinegar, oil, tarragon, and mustard in small bowl; stir with a whisk. Drizzle over greens mixture; toss gently. Arrange 2 cups salad mixture on each of 4 serving plates; top each serving with 1 egg and 1 toast slice. Serves 4.
From Cooking Light
Submitted by Shelli