- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 of a medium zucchini, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 8-1/2 oz. pkg. corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 12 oz. assorted mushrooms, quartered (4-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup drained bottled roasted red sweet peppers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In mixing bowl combine zucchini, muffin mix, cheese, milk, egg, and cayenne pepper; spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Place roasted peppers in blender. Cover; blend until nearly smooth.
4. Arrange 3 cakes on each plate with some of the mushrooms and pepper sauce. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 443,
- Total Fat (g) 21,
- Saturated Fat (g) 7,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g) 6,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 1,
- Cholesterol (mg) 84,
- Sodium (mg) 701,
- Carbohydrate (g) 49,
- Total Sugar (g) 3,
- Fiber (g) 2,
- Protein (g) 16,
- Vitamin C (DV%) 180,
- Calcium (DV%) 24,
- Iron (DV%) 15,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Submitted by Shelli