- 1 8.8-oz. pkg. dried pappardelle (wide egg noodles)
- 1-1/2 lb. pkg. sliced mushrooms, such as button, cremini, and/or shiitake
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 8-oz. carton light sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
2. In extra-large skillet cook mushrooms and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. (Reduce heat if mushrooms brown quickly.) Remove with slotted spoon; cover to keep warm.
3. For sauce, in bowl combine sour cream, flour, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in broth until smooth. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Serve mushroom mixture and sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley. Serves 4.
Nutrition facts: Calories 407, Total Fat (g) 13, Saturated Fat (g) 5, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 5, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 72, Sodium (mg) 443, Carbohydrate (g) 59, Total Sugar (g) 5, Fiber (g) 4, Protein (g) 17, Vitamin C (DV%) 9, Calcium (DV%) 11, Iron (DV%) 22, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie dietFrom Better Homes and Gardens
Submitted by Shelli