- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, packed in juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 14.8-oz. pouch cooked long grain rice
- 12 oz. cooked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped or sliced sweet peppers
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1/2 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (3/4 cup)
- Lime Wedges
1. Remove pineapple from container, reserving juice. Cut pineapple in 3/4-inch slices; discard core if present. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add pineapple slices. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until beginning to brown. Divide pineapple among four plates.
2. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Add ham and peppers to skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in reserved pineapple juice. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
From Better Homes and Gardens
Submitted by Shelli