- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved crosswise and cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 4 green onions, cut in 2-inch pieces
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet cook chicken and bacon over medium-high heat 12 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Carefully add broth; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (180 degrees F).
2. Meanwhile, in microwave-safe 2-quart dish combine asparagus, squash, and 2 Tbsp. water. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Cook on 100% power (high) 3 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once. Transfer to plates. Drizzle cooking liquid; top with chicken, bacon, and onions. Makes 4 servings.
From Better Homes and Gardens
Submitted by Shelli Howells