- 8 sliced dried tomatoes or dried tomato halves (not oil-packed)
- 12 oz. beef sirloin steak, about 3/4--inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 4 square bagels, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
1. Preheat broiler. Place tomatoes in small bowl; cover with water. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Brush steak and onion slices with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange on unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil, 3 to 4 inches from heat, 12 to 16 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Thinly slice beef across grain in bite-size strips.
2. Drain tomatoes. Spread mayonnaise on bagels; fill with sliced beef and onions, tomatoes, and greens. Serves 4.
From Better Homes and Gardens
Submitted by Shelli