- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, sliced
- 1 8-oz. tub light cream cheese spread with chive and onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crushed
- 8 oz. cooked boneless ham, cut in bite-sized slices
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut in 2 to 3-inch pieces
- Fresh tarragon sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in small amount of lightly salted boiling water 5 to 7 minutes, just until tender. Drain; transfer to bowl and set aside.
2. For sauce, in same saucepan combine cream cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat and whisk until smooth and cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in tarragon.
3. Layer potatoes, ham, asparagus, and sauce in 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle remaining Parmesan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with tarragon and freshly ground black pepper. Serves 4.From Better Homes and Gardens
Submitted by Shelli