- 1/2 cup chopped carrot (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 8- to 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut up
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken (see tip)
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice or wild rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet cook carrot, sweet pepper, and green onion in hot butter over medium heat until carrot is crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in soup, artichoke hearts, turkey, rice, mozzarella cheese, milk, thyme, and bacon. Transfer turkey mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
2. Bake, covered, in a 350° degree oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
3. Make-ahead directions:Prepare as above through step 1. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until bubbly.
From Better Homes and Gardens
Submitted by Shelli