From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 17-oz. pkg. refrigerated cooked beef roast au jus
- 1 lb. small round red potatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 3 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
1. In large skillet cook beef roast, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes more, until juices are slightly reduced. Meanwhile, quarter potatoes. Peel and diagonally slice carrots in 3/4-inch pieces. Place vegetables in microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with cooking oil and sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat. Tightly cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high (100% power) for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. For herb-garlic mixture, in a small bowl combine parsley, garlic, and lemon peel. To serve, stir vegetables into skillet with beef and juices. Divide among serving dishes. Sprinkle with herb-garlic mixture. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 311, Total Fat (g) 12, Saturated Fat (g) 5, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 1, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 64, Sodium (mg) 465, Carbohydrate (g) 28, Total Sugar (g) 6, Fiber (g) 4, Protein (g) 25, Vitamin C (DV%) 52, Calcium (DV%) 4, Iron (DV%) 18, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.